Top 10 Wines from Chianti Classico in Issue 228
Having just gotten back from Italy a couple weeks ago, I am still very much living in an Italian state of mind—drinking espresso rather than coffee and leaning toward the indigenous Italian varietal wines. So in recently perusing our latest Issue 228, I was drawn to Monica Larner's Chianti Classico report. With more than 220 wines, there are plenty of excellent options from which to choose when looking for impressive bottlings. Here are the top 10 wines from that report, all scoring above 95 points, and many of which I will be seeking out in the days and weeks to come as I reminisce about Italy.
- 2013 Fontodi Flaccianello della Pieve
- 2013 Montevertine Le Pergole Torte
- 2013 Marchesi Antinori Solaia
- 2013 Brancaia Ilatraia
- 2013 Fattoria la Massa Giorgio Primo
- 2013 Isole e Olena Cepparello
- 2013 San Giusto a Rentennano La Ricolma
- 2011 Fèlsina Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Colonia
- 2007 Fontodi Vin Santo del Chianti Classico
- 2008 San Giusto a Rentennano Vin San Giusto
More articles from this author
Celebrate National Doughnut Day at City Garden
From Wine Journal
If you’re a wine-country foodie, Santa Rosa’s new City Garden Doughnuts & Coffee is sure to have popped up on your radar. With its grand opening today on National Doughnut Day—June 2—City Garden is primed to bring locals and visitors the highest quality doughnuts they’re ever tasted.